Monday, May 5, 2008

Long Live Summer!


Story by Zachary Hall
Photograph by Kasey Hunt
TA: Christina McAusland

Summer break usually means a three-month release from school and the pressures that accompany it. This is not the case for me. No, this summer will be different than those I have come to know. This summer I have an internship.

Having an internship means instead of going to the pool to hang out with friends, I'll be going to the office to work on sales promotions. Instead of going to a barbeque, I'll be filing papers. This is exactly what I feared...real life.

During this time of relaxation for most college students, I will be bombarded with meetings and paperwork. Having an internship is not horrible; it's a great stepping stone for my career. But it also reveals another scary fact...real life is just around the corner.

I have a plan as to how I'm going to regress into the usual college lifestyle this summer, and that is to spend as much of my free time as possible with my friends. That is what summer break really is--good times with friends you don't see enough of.

Fun will be the release I need to take me away from the robotic process of the daily work life. Long live summer!

No comments: